Bo is a Ph.D. Candidate in Geography (GIScience track) with a doctoral minor in ECE Machine Learning at Spatial Computing and Data Mining Lab, University of Wisconsin - Madison, working with Dr. Qunying Huang. He is awarded the Microsoft AI for Earth Grant as the PI in 2020, and the Applied Machine Learning Research Fellowship for Summer 2020 by Los Alamos National Laboratory. He is serving as the Student Co-Director of the Remote Sensing Specialty Group (RSSG) and of the Hazards, Risks and Disasters Specialty Group (HRDSG) - Association of American Geographers (AAG). His research interest lies at the intersection of geospatial data science, machine learning, computer vision, and natural hazards.
He received the M.Sc. from Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at UW-Madison, the M.Sc. from Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the B.E. from School of Remote Sensing and Information Engineering, Wuhan University.
- [04/2021] Elected the Student Co-Director of the Remote Sensing Specialty Group (RSSG) - Association of American Geographers (AAG).
- [04/2021] Received the 2021 AAG Jeanne X. Kasperson Student Paper Winner Award.
- [03/2021] Received the 2021 Olmstead Award for Outstanding Publication from UW-Madison Geography Dept. for the paper on real-time self-supervised urban flood mapping without human supervision published in IEEE J-STARS.
- [03/2021] Gave a talk at the ASPRS Annual Conference: Self-Supervised Learning of Building Image Object Representations Informed by Geospatial Principles.
- [03/2021] Our new work on spatiotemporal contrastive representation learning for self-supervised satellite image representation learning accepted by IGARSS 2021.
- [01/2021] New manuscript submitted to IGARSS 2021.
- [12/2020] New paper on real-time self-supervised urban flood mapping without human supervision published in IEEE J-STARS.
- More news...
Research topics span geospatial data science, machine learning, computer vision, image processing, and natural hazards. Some example projects include:
Role: Principal Investigator (PI)
Sponsor: Microsoft AI for Earth Grant
Role: Research Assistant
PI: Dr. Qunying Huang
Sponsor: National Science Foundation
( *research advisor )
Bo Peng, Qunying Huang*, Jinmeng Rao
IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2021 (accepted)
Bo Peng, Qunying Huang*, Jamp Vongkusolkit, Song Gao, Daniel B. Wright, Zheng N. Fang, Yi Qiang
IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2021
Patch Similarity Convolutional Neural Network for Urban Flood Extent Mapping Using Bi-Temporal Satellite Multispectral ImageryBo Peng, Zonglin Meng, Qunying Huang*, Caixia Wang
Remote Sensing, 2019
Bo Peng, Xinyi Liu, Zonglin Meng, Qunying Huang*
3rd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on AI for Geographic Knowledge Discovery (GeoAI), 2019
Fast Real-Time Causal Line-wise Progressive Hyperspectral Anomaly Detection via Cholesky DecompositionLifu Zhang*, Bo Peng, Feizhou Zhang, Lizhe Wang, Hongming Zhang, Peng Zhang, Qingxi Tong*
IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2017
Bo Peng, Lifu Zhang*, Taixia Wu, Hongming Zhang
IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2016
CS/ECE/ME 532 - Matrix Methods in Machine LearningSenior Teaching Assistant, Spring 2020
Teaching Assistant, Fall 2019
GEOG 377 - Intro to Geographic Information SystemsLecturer / Instructor, Summer 2020
Teaching Assistant, Spring 2019
GEOG 574 - Spatial DatabaseTeaching Assistant, Fall 2018
Web stats: hits!
© 2021 Bo Peng. All Rights Reserved.