- [04/2021] Elected the Student Co-Director of the Remote Sensing Specialty Group (RSSG) - Association of American Geographers (AAG).
- [04/2021] Received the 2021 AAG Jeanne X. Kasperson Student Paper Winner Award.
- [03/2021] Received the 2021 Olmstead Award for Outstanding Publication from UW-Madison Geography Dept. for the paper on real-time self-supervised urban flood mapping without human supervision published in IEEE J-STARS.
- [03/2021] Gave a talk at the ASPRS Annual Conference: Self-Supervised Learning of Building Image Object Representations Informed by Geospatial Principles.
- [03/2021] Our new work on spatiotemporal contrastive representation learning for self-supervised satellite image representation learning accepted by IGARSS 2021.
- [01/2021] New manuscript submitted to IGARSS 2021.
- [12/2020] New paper on real-time self-supervised urban flood mapping without human supervision published in IEEE J-STARS.
- [12/2020] Passed the PhD dissertation proposal defense. A PhD Candidate now!
- [10/2020] Passed the Specific PhD Qualifying Exam.
- [09/2020] Passed the General PhD Qualifying Exam.
- [08/2020] Completed Summer Research Internship at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [06/2020] Summer Research Intern for machine learning and computer vision at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [05/2020] Awarded the Microsoft AI for Earth Grant as the principal investigator (PI). (blog post)
- [05/2020] Offered Applied Machine Learning Summer Research Fellowship for Summer 2020 by Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [04/2020] Received the Trewartha Graduate Research Award from Geography Department at UW-Madison.
- [03/2020] Received the Doctoral Minor in Machine Learning from ECE at UW-Madison.
- [03/2020] Received the William A. Fischer Memorial Scholarship from American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS).
- [01/2020] Senior Teaching Assistant for CS/ECE 532 Matrix Methods in Machine Learning, Spring 2020.
- [12/2019] Received M.Sc. degree in ECE, specializing in machine learning.
- [11/2019] Attended the 3rd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on AI for Geographic Knowledge Discovery (GeoAI) in Chicago, IL.
- [10/2019] Received the National Science Foundation (NSF) travel award for ACM SIGSPATIAL 2019.
- [10/2019] Published a journal paper in Remote Sensing for the special issue: Joint Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision Applications in Remote Sensing.
Web stats: hits!
© 2020 Bo Peng. All Rights Reserved.